Two of the greatest things about making yummy treats are that they are generally very easy to make, and you can determine just how healthy you wish them to be.
We always try to keep things simple and love it when we have the opportunity to experiment with ingredients. And where possible we will buy, or make our own ingredients to ensure the family are eating fresh, healthy and nutritious foods.
With today’s recipe, we combined some Nutella (you could make your own sugar-free hazelnut spread) and some chopped nuts and melted dark chocolate.
A very quick and easy recipe especially when you have a food processor! Upon checking the mixture we also included a little honey as well. Yum!
Some time ago we bought these muesli bar molds from Amazon and love using them when using recipes like this. They make perfect muesli bars, though deeper than shop-bought ones which can always be cut in half once cool.
Once ready, the bars are placed in the fridge or freezer to set and you are ready to go!
An hour later and we were able to pop them out of the mold and place them in an airtight container.
This recipe made 6 bars, which gives us a dozen bite-sized treats, but you could just as easily scoop the mixture into small muffin pans instead.
Check out the recipe below and let us know what you think.
We also love to add extra ingredients as we have them in the cupboard and you can include chia seeds, different dried fruits or choc chips.
- 1 cup of Nutella or homemade hazelnut spread
- 1 cup of chopped nuts (we used pecans and almonds but any would do)
- 70 gms of suitable chocolate
- 2 tbsp of honey
- Water as needed to moisten the mixture.
- Prepare your muesli bar mold or small muffin tray
- Chop the nuts to the size you wish
- Combine the Nutella and nuts in a food processor
- Melt the chocolate and add to the mixture
- Add the honey, using small pulse actions with the food processor to obtain the right consistency
- Add very amounts of water if required
- Spread the mixture into the muesli bar mold or muffin tray and place in the fridge or freezer to set
- Remove one hour later and place bars into an airtight container in the fridge.
Living each adventure,
Christine and Trevor
Encouraging people and providing relevant tools to allow everyone to live a healthy, active, fulfilling life which can be enjoyed and lived to the full.
Disclaimer: this recipe is not suitable for anyone with any food or nut allergy which might be brought on by any of these ingredients.
If you haven’t yet subscribed to the LiveEachAdventure.com blog, pop over to the side of the page and drop us your email address so we can keep you informed. And please check out our social media channels on Facebook,Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest so you can be kept up to date as we share this great journey of life with you.