If you are looking for an easy-to-make recipe which the kids can help with, and that is nutritious and yummy, then this one is for you (providing you have no nut allergies!). It does require a food processor, or a strong set of hands to chop and combine the ingredients, but we have tried both, so why not give it a go. Made with the goodness of pistachio nuts, choc chips, dried apple, dried dates, honey and seasoning it takes no time at all to whizz up a batch and pop them in the fridge. They can also be popped in the oven just to set the honey and make them even tastier, but the decision is yours. Check out the full recipe and let us know what you think.
- Half a cup pf chopped Pistachio nuts
- One and a half cups of chopped dates
- Half a cup of choc chips
- Half a cup of dried apple slices
- Two tbsp of honey or maple syrup
- Several good shakes of whatever seasonings you have like mixed spice, nutmeg, and cinnamon.
- Prepare a six-cup muffin tray by either placing a patty pan in each, or wiping them with coconut oil
- Pop all the ingredients into the food processor, adding wet and dry ingredients gradually to obtain a nice damp mix. If too wet, add some more nuts or rolled oats and if too dry add some small amounts of water
- Scoop out equal amounts of the mixture and place it into the patty pans
- Pop the tray either into the fridge for an hour or for a more toffee taste pop it into the oven for 15 minutes at a warm heat.
You might like to make a double mixture if you like the taste, as they will disappear very quickly. The finished muffins can be kept in the fridge in an airtight container for a week - if they last that long!
Living each adventure,
Christine and Trevor
Empowering people to live a healthy, active, authentic and fulfilling life.
Adelaide, South Australia.
If you haven’t yet subscribed to the LiveEachAdventure.com blog, pop over to the side of the page and drop us your email address so we can keep you informed. Please leave a comment below, and do check out our social media channels on Facebook,Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest so you can be kept up to date as we share this great journey of life with you.
DISCLAIMER: This article is written for informational purposes only and is based on Christine and Trevor’s own life experiences. No food featured on this site should ever be consumed or handled if known or suspected allergies exist. Nothing featured here should be taken as medical, professional or legal advice. It is always recommended that you consult the appropriate professional before changing any routine or adopting any new procedure.