We love making healthy recipes, but we also love chocolate, so occasionally we feel the urge to make something yummy – and not so healthy. This Rocky Road recipe is one of those that is soooo yummy, you might just have trouble stopping at one. Check out the full recipe below and let us know what you think.
- 2 cups of dark chocolate chips (normal milk chocolate can be used)
- 1 cup of chopped nuts (we used Pistachio and Cashew nuts)
- Half a cup of mixed dried fruit
- 1 packet of halved glazed cherries
- 1 cup of halved marshmallows
- 2 tbsp of peanut butter
- 1 tbsp of coconut oil.
- Prepare 2 trays to go into the fridge and place a sheet of non stick baking paper on each
- Place the nuts, fruit, cherries, and marshmallows in a big mixing bowl
- Put the choc chips and peanut butter into a smaller bowl and place it in the microwave. Turn it onto 30 seconds and repeat until it is just melted, stirring as you go (warning: the bowl will get very hot so use a good oven glove to pick up or move the bowl)
- Once melted, carefully tip the choc chips and peanut butter into the larger bowl and gently stir though the other ingredients, adding the coconut oil last (this will melt with the heat of the chocolate
- Use a tbsp measure to carefully scoop equal amounts onto the baking paper into mounds
- Place the trays into the fridge for an hour and then place into airtight containers in the fridge or freezer. We placed a square of baking paper between layers in the container to prevent them sticking together.
Living each adventure,
Christine and Trevor
Empowering people to live a healthy, active, authentic and fulfilling life.
Adelaide, South Australia.
If you haven’t yet subscribed to the LiveEachAdventure.com blog, pop over to the side of the page and drop us your email address so we can keep you informed. Please leave a comment below, and do check out our social media channels on Facebook,Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest so you can be kept up to date as we share this great journey of life with you.
DISCLAIMER: This article is written for informational purposes only and is based on Christine and Trevor’s own life experiences. No food featured on this site should ever be consumed or handled if known or suspected allergies exist. Nothing featured here should be taken as medical, professional or legal advice. It is always recommended that you consult the appropriate professional before changing any routine or adopting any new procedure.