A new year is always a great time to think about the direction your life is heading, and to make some serious efforts to improve the overall quality of your life. So we want to encourage you to think seriously today about improving your overall level of health and fitness, and we want to show you ten easy ways you can get fit today. Keep reading for details.
Keeping fit does not have to be a serious matter, in fact it can be a lot of fun if you take the right approach. Whether it is in the gym, down the park, at the beach, or even in your own backyard, here are ten easy and often fun ways to get fit.
- grab a few mates and head to the local park with a couple of balls, ropes, weights, towels, and witches hats. In no time at all you can set up a mini ‘bootcamp’ that will have you doing short sprints, push ups, star jumps, weight lifting, tug-a-war, team games, stretches and even a three-legged race like above.
- playing tag in the garden with the kids can be a lot of fun – and absolutely tiring. They will still be running around while you are sitting exhausted on the grass.
- challenge your workmate to avoid the lift for a month and use the stairs. Before long you will find that so easy, you will be choosing additional workplace activities to modify.
- grab the Wii or other game console and challenge your partner to a game of tennis, bowls, running or other activity. While you might not move out of the lounge room, you will be sweating in no time and enjoy every minute of it.
- find a safe hiking path that will get you outdoors for an hour or so. We often take a small camera along and love the fresh air, the views, the animals we meet, and the pics we snap along the way.
- redefine the household chores into a gym routine where you time yourself, count the reps and even do it to some favourite music. You will be surprised how much quicker you can get it done, and with a smile on your face.
- work out a fun activity to do with your kids as soon as the ads come on the TV. It might be to run to the back door and back, hop around the yard, or even throw some hoops.
- find some fun places to walk the dog where you can engage with others of a like mind and all get fit together.
- do you like rock climbing? I bet your kids or mates do. Check out available options close to where you live and start climbing.
- join your kids on the playground, and as long as it is permitted, actually engage with them on the swings, slide and climbing frame.
Ten easy and fun ways to get fit today. So what is stopping you? Drop us a comment below if you have any other fun ideas to get fit.
Living each adventure,
Christine and Trevor
Empowering people to live a healthy, active, authentic and fulfilling life.
Adelaide, South Australia.
If you haven’t yet subscribed to the LiveEachAdventure.com blog, pop over to the side of the page and drop us your email address so we can keep you informed. Please leave a comment below, and do check out our social media channels on Facebook,Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest so you can be kept up to date as we share this great journey of life with you.
DISCLAIMER: This article is written for informational purposes only and is based on Christine and Trevor’s own life experiences. No food featured on this site should ever be consumed or handled if known or suspected allergies exist. Nothing featured here should be taken as medical, professional or legal advice. It is always recommended that you consult the appropriate professional before changing any routine or adopting any new procedure.