We love being able to provide healthy and nutritious snacks for our family, and what better way than to take well-tried recipes and to mix and match the ingredients. Today, we have taken an old favourite and added a few new ingredients to make it even nicer. Check out our full recipe below for all the details.
- 1 cup of mixed fruit
- 1 cup of coconut to include in recipe and half a cup extra for coating
- 1 cup of chopped almonds (or other nuts of choice)
- Quarter cup of honey
- 2 tbsp of melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- water if required
- Place all the ingredients into a food processor, alternately adding wet and then dry ingredients until you get a suitable mixture to form into balls
- If too wet, add some more coconut or nuts, and if too dry add some small amounts of water
- Form mixture into 1 inch balls and roll balls in the coconut
- Place on a sheet of baking paper on a tray
- Place tray into the fridge for an hour to set before placing the balls into an airtight container in the fridge.
Living each adventure,
Christine and Trevor
Empowering people to live a healthy, active, authentic and fulfilling life.
Adelaide, South Australia.
If you haven’t yet subscribed to the LiveEachAdventure.com blog, pop over to the side of the page and drop us your email address so we can keep you informed. Please leave a comment below, and do check out our social media channels on Facebook,Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest so you can be kept up to date as we share this great journey of life with you.
DISCLAIMER: This article is written for informational purposes only and is based on Christine and Trevor’s own life experiences. No food featured on this site should ever be consumed or handled if known or suspected allergies exist. Nothing featured here should be taken as medical, professional or legal advice. It is always recommended that you consult the appropriate professional before changing any routine or adopting any new procedure.