We all want to look our best, and if false eyelashes are your thing, keep reading for some great tips and tricks when using them!
- Know the shape of your eyes before buying any so as to get the correct ones that suit you best. There is no ‘one shape and size fits all eyes’ lash!
- Make sure they are a good fit before applying by measuring along the natural lash line of each eye, trimming where necessary.
- Have you noticed how most lashes don’t naturally curl to the shape of your eye? Well, before using try wrapping the lash around a makeup brush or other small handle to put a slight bend or curve in the lash.
- Be sure to keep the false lash in line with your real lashes. If you place them too close to the inner corner it will irritate your eyes.
- Apply mascara before and afterwards so as to create a more natural look.
- Rather than pipe the glue directly onto the false lash put a small amount into your hand or other small lid and then apply a thin line using a cotton bud/q-tip.
- If you have greasy eyelids be sure to clean/blot your lids before applying the lash band to your eyes.
- Looking for more volume? You can stack two lashes before putting them on for a fuller look.
- Be sure to choose lashes that are slightly longer than your own, and are made of natural hairs.
- Get yourself a good, clear mirror which you can see well in when it is placed below your faceline.
Ten simple tips for looking your best with false eyelashes. If you have any more tips we would love you to share them below for the benefit of others.
As always, if you have any queries about the right product to use for your brows or skin type, we strongly suggest you seek professional assistance so as to look the very best you can.
p.s. If you love makeup and beauty and you want to be kept up to date with the latest news and tutorials, our Pinterest Makeup and Beauty board has now reached over TWELVE MILLION impressions in the last 30 days! Check it out soon!
Living each adventure,
Christine and Trevor
Empowering people to live a healthy, active, authentic and fulfilling lifestyle.
Adelaide, South Australia.
If you haven’t yet subscribed to the LiveEachAdventure.com blog, pop over to the side of the page and drop us your email address so we can keep you informed. Please leave a comment below, and do check out our social media channels on Facebook,Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest so you can be kept up to date as we share this great journey of life with you.
DISCLAIMER: This article is written for informational purposes only and is based on Christine and Trevor’s own life experiences. No food featured on this site should ever be consumed or handled if known or suspected allergies exist. Nothing featured here should be taken as medical, professional or legal advice. It is always recommended that you consult the appropriate professional before changing any routine or adopting any new procedure.