Do you like sweet, nutty treats which are healthy and yummy? Then keep reading for an awesome Pecan Ball recipe that you will love.
- One and a half cups of dried fruit
- 1 (180gms) packet of pecans
- Half a cup of other preferred mixed nuts (we used almonds and walnuts)
- Quarter cup of honey
- 1 cup of peanut butter
- Half a cup of choc chips
- 2 tbsp of chia seeds
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- Good shake of mixed spice
- 1 tbsp of mixed spice
- Water as required.
- Add all the ingredients except for the nuts to a food processor. We find it best to add wet and dry ingredients alternately so as to check on the consistency of the mixture as we go
- Add the nuts last so as to not reduce them down too far. We like a bit of crunch in the finished balls
- Add a tbsp or two of water if needed to ensure the mixture will form into balls
- Place a sheet of baking paper on a tray and start to roll mixture into one inch balls and place them on the paper
- Once all the ball are rolled, place the tray in the fridge for an hour or two to set (we actually like to leave them longer if we have time as they firm up nicely)
- Place the finished balls into an airtight container and keep in the fridge or freezer.
If you want to make these balls even healthier, try adding two tbsp of MACA or protein powder to the mix. Just be sure to allow for it by adding some additional liquid.
Living each adventure,
Christine and Trevor
ONLINE FASHION STORE
Empowering people to live a healthy, active, authentic and fulfilling life.
Adelaide, South Australia.
If you haven’t yet subscribed to the LiveEachAdventure.com blog, pop over to the side of the page and drop us your email address so we can keep you informed. Please leave a comment below, and do check out our social media channels on Facebook,Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest so you can be kept up to date as we share this great journey of life with you.
DISCLAIMER: This article is written for informational purposes only and is based on Christine and Trevor’s own life experiences. No food featured on this site should ever be consumed or handled if known or suspected allergies exist. Nothing featured here should be taken as medical, professional or legal advice. It is always recommended that you consult the appropriate professional before changing any routine or adopting any new procedure.