Delicious protein balls that are good for you and taste great?
Is such a thing possible? Well, keep reading for what we think is one of the best low carb protein balls recipes you will ever try.
If you have followed our weekly recipes for any time, you will know that we enjoy taking whatever we find in the cupboard and throwing it into the mix to see what we can come up. Mostly they are healthy protein balls recipes or some low carb option made with nutritious dates.
Today though, we wanted to make a stash of healthy protein balls to nibble on during the week, and to have on hand for the grandkids. Check out the recipe below and let up know what you think? We really do appreciate your feedback and love to receive ideas from our friends on what to make in the future. And please share this awesome recipe with your friends and suggest they also subscribe on the side of this page so we can keep them informed.
- 1 cup of dried dates
- 1 cup of nuts (we used almonds)
- 1 cup of shredded coconut
- Half a cup of peanut butter (an extra half cup can be added if the mixture requires it)
- 2 tbsp of honey
- 1 tsb of vanilla extract
- Water if required
- Two cups of desiccated coconut to roll balls in.
- Place some baking paper on a tray to go in the fridge once you have made the balls
- Put all the ingredients other than the desiccated coconut into a food processor
- We like to add a little at a time, alternating between wet and dry ingredients until we have a good mix we can work with. If you like the balls to be crunchier, place the nuts in last and pulse for a short time
- If the mixture is a little wet, add in some more coconut, and if too dry either add some small amounts of water, more peanut butter, or additional honey
- Once ready, roll into approx one inch balls, roll in the desiccated coconut and place on the baking paper. Once complete place the tray into the fridge for an hour
- The balls can then either be eaten or placed in an airtight container in the fridge.
So, is it possible to make delicious protein balls
that are good for you and taste great?
Yes, we believe it is, and we would love to hear from those of you who try it for your opinion.
If you enjoyed today’s recipe, take a look at ‘Why we love Chia Seeds and add them to many of our recipes‘, and don’t forget to subscribe on the side of this page so we can keep providing you with awesome recipes.
Living each adventure,
Christine and Trevor
ONLINE FASHION STORE
Empowering people to live a healthy, authentic and fulfilling, personal and business life.
Adelaide, South Australia.
If you haven’t yet subscribed to the LiveEachAdventure.com blog, pop over to the side of the page and drop us your email address so we can keep you informed. Please leave a comment below, and do check out our social media channels on Facebook,Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest so you can be kept up to date as we share this great journey of life with you.
DISCLAIMER: This article is written for informational purposes only and is based on Christine and Trevor’s own life experiences. No food featured on this site should ever be consumed or handled if known or suspected allergies exist. Nothing featured here should be taken as medical, professional or legal advice. It is always recommended that you consult the appropriate professional before changing any routine or adopting any new procedure.