Are you ready for a delicious, healthy dessert that will please the whole family? Then check out today’s Date, Oat And Nut Dessert recipe and start baking.
This slice is so yummy it is perfect as a hot dessert served with cream, custard or ice cream, or enjoyed cold and cut up into healthy oat bars. Or you might have both – the decision is yours.
We often use it as an energy bars recipe and the little ones love it. Just cook the mixture for a little longer to set it and pop it into the freezer until it is firm enough to cut into bars.
- 2 cups of dried dates (pitted)
- 2 cups of rolled oats
- Half a cup of chopped almonds
- Half a cup of dried cranberries
- Half a cup of choc chips
- 2 tbsp of chia seeds
- 2 tbsp of LSA
- 3 tbsp of honey
- Water to cook the dates in (we used just under 2 cups)
- 1 tsp of bi-carb.
- Put dates into a saucepan with the water and simmer for 10 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 200C (around 290F)
- Line a small loaf tin with baking paper
- Place all the dry ingredients into a large bowl (except for the bi-carb which is stirred into the date mixture when ready)
- Pour the date mixture with the added bi-carb into the bowl with the dry ingredients and stir in the honey
- Mix all together, adding more rolled oats if too wet, or a little water if too dry
- Pour the mixture into the loaf pan, press it down, and place into the oven
- Cook for around half an hour, rotating once
- Check it is cooked with a toothpick and be careful not to overcook
- Serve immediately with your favorite dessert topping and enjoy.
The slice can also be cooked a little longer and cut into healthy bars when cold.
If you enjoyed today’s recipe on ‘How To Make A Date, Oat And Nut Dessert Slice‘, take a look at ‘How to make chocolate banana slices‘, and don’t forget to subscribe so we can keep providing you with awesome recipes.
And in case you are new to cooking and are wondering what essentials you might need we have found this great resource for you to check out on what you might need to get started.
Living each adventure,
Christine and Trevor
ONLINE FASHION STORE
Empowering people to live a healthy, authentic and fulfilling, personal and business life.
Adelaide, South Australia.
If you haven’t yet subscribed to the LiveEachAdventure.com blog, pop over to the side of the page and drop us your email address so we can keep you informed. Please leave a comment below, and do check out our social media channels on Facebook,Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest so you can be kept up to date as we share this great journey of life with you.
DISCLAIMER: This article is written for informational purposes only and is based on Christine and Trevor’s own life experiences. No food featured on this site should ever be consumed or handled if known or suspected allergies exist. Nothing featured here should be taken as medical, professional or legal advice. It is always recommended that you consult the appropriate professional before changing any routine or adopting any new procedure. We provide relevant links in each post to services or products of relevance to that topic. Many are unpaid links, while others may be affiliate links. They are included because of their relevance above all else.