We love spending time together working through delicious recipes for our friends. We received lots of lovely comments back about our awesome recipe for delicious oat, coconut and peanut butter balls, and we know you will LOVE this week’s Golden Rough Cookies.
- They are easy to make.
- They are a great recipe to have the little ones help out in the kitchen.
- They are some of the nicest chocolate and coconut biscuits you will make.
- They only need a few ingredients that you probably already have in the cupboard
- Compared to the shop versions they are a lovely, healthy treat for the family.
Have a go at making a batch, and drop us a comment below to let us know what you think – you will be hooked.
And by choosing the right ingredients, this sweet treat can actually be quite a healthy snack for the family. Just be sure to choose all natural peanut butter and sugar-free choc chips when shopping for the ingredients.
- 1 cup of rolled oats
- Half a cup of dried cherries (or cranberries)
- Half a cup of peanut butter - we used crunchy
- Half a cup of choc chips (use the brand best suited to your needs)
- 3 tbsp of desiccated coconut
- 3 tbsp of honey.
- Place a sheet of baking paper on a tray which will fit in the fridge afterwards
- Melt the choc chips in a microwave (we suggest checking and stirring each 30 seconds, and only heat long enough to soften the chocolate so it can be mixed) WARNING: Do not let little ones do this step as the bowl may get very hot!
- Remove the bowl from the microwave and carefully stir in the other ingredients
- If too dry add a little water or milk
- Use a spoon to scoop out equal measures into to baking paper and form into cookies. Press down slightly to flatten out
- Sprinkle a little more coconut over the completed cookies
- Place the tray in the fridge for an hour to set, and then consume or place in an airtight container in the fridge.
Some of the family like theirs to be more 'nutty', so it is very easy to add half a cup of chopped nuts into the recipe as well if you are the same. Just be sure to add a little extra milk or water so as to have a wet enough mixture to form into cookies.
If you enjoyed today’s recipe on ‘How To Make Yummy Golden Rough Cookies‘, take a look at ‘Recipes: How to make the perfect custard‘, and don’t forget to subscribe so we can keep providing you with awesome recipes.
And in case you are new to cooking, we have found this great resource for you to check out on how to get started.
Living each adventure,
Christine and Trevor
ONLINE FASHION STORE
Empowering people to live a healthy, authentic and fulfilling, personal and business life.
Adelaide, South Australia.
If you haven’t yet subscribed to the LiveEachAdventure.com blog, pop over to the side of the page and drop us your email address so we can keep you informed. Please leave a comment below, and do check out our social media channels on Facebook,Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest so you can be kept up to date as we share this great journey of life with you.
DISCLAIMER: This article is written for informational purposes only and is based on Christine and Trevor’s own life experiences. No food featured on this site should ever be consumed or handled if known or suspected allergies exist. Nothing featured here should be taken as medical, professional or legal advice. It is always recommended that you consult the appropriate professional before changing any routine or adopting any new procedure. We provide relevant links in each post to services or products of relevance to that topic. Many are unpaid links, while others may be affiliate links. They are included because of their relevance above all else.