Healthy protein balls have to be one of the favourites in this family, and today’s recipe is no different. They are so easy to make, very nutritious, and fun to make with the little ones around.
We also make a range of yummy cakes and desserts each week, so make sure you also check out ‘How to make yummy fruit and nut slices‘ – you won’t be sorry you did.
Try this week’s date, nut and coconut balls and see what you think. All you need are some dates, almonds, nutella (if you like the additional chocolate taste), vanilla extract, coconut, chia seeds, and some optional mixed peel.
- 1 cup of dates (pitted)
- 1 and a half cups of almonds
- 4 tbsp of Nutella or other hazelnut spread
- 2 tbsp of desiccated coconut
- Half a cup of shredded coconut to roll balls in
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp of mixed peel
- Put the dates in a saucepan with a cup or so of water to just cover them and boil for 10 minutes
- Place a sheet of baking paper on a tray for the fridge
- Add all the ingredients gradually to a food processor and reduce it down to a good mixture to form balls with. We find it best to add some dry and then some wet ingredients, such as the Nutella or the boiled-down dates. If too dry, keep adding some of the juice from the date pan, or if too wet, withhold the juice
- Form the mixture into one inch balls and roll in coconut and place on tray
- When complete place tray in the fridge for an hour
- Consume or place in an airtight container in the fridge.
If you enjoyed today’s recipe:’How To Make Healthy Date, Nut And Coconut Balls‘, take a look at ‘How to make yummy cheese, meat and egg slices‘. You will love them.
Please don’t forget to subscribe so we can keep providing you with awesome recipes. And in case you are new to our recipes, we have found this great resource for you to check out as well.
Living each adventure,
Christine and Trevor
ONLINE FASHION STORE
Empowering people to live a healthy, authentic and fulfilling, personal and business life.
Adelaide, South Australia.
If you haven’t yet subscribed to the LiveEachAdventure.com blog, pop over to the side of the page and drop us your email address so we can keep you informed. Please leave a comment below, and do check out our social media channels on Facebook,Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest so you can be kept up to date as we share this great journey of life with you.
DISCLAIMER: This article is written for informational purposes only and is based on Christine and Trevor’s own life experiences. No food featured on this site should ever be consumed or handled if known or suspected allergies exist. Nothing featured here should be taken as medical, professional or legal advice. It is always recommended that you consult the appropriate professional before changing any routine or adopting any new procedure. We provide relevant links in each post to services or products of relevance to that topic. Many are unpaid links, while others may be affiliate links. They are included because of their relevance above all else.